Super Music is a weekly fun-filled 30 minute music lesson for children 3-5 years old.
Super Music lessons use fun, play and one-to-one interaction to introduce the key musical concepts of pitch, rhythm, timbre and tempo. In the lesson, children engage with a variety of percussion instruments (shakers, tambourines, maracas etc) as well as songs, rhymes, movement and simple keyboard activities.
Our interactive music and movement lessons:
- Nurture creativity, interactive learning, and musical fun!
- Foster cognitive development (thinking skills such as information processing, conceptual resources, perceptual skill, and other aspects of brain development)
- Strengthen communication, language and pre-numeracy skills
- Develop and grow music intelligence
- Promote independence, self-confidence and self-esteem
- Train fine motor skills (picking things up, finger games, pen control) and gross motor skills (jumping and whole body movement)
All Super Musicians have their own full-colour Super Music Workbook featuring the Finger Force Five with exercises, activities and games.
Parents are encouraged to sit in on the lesson especially as children begin their Super Music experience. Lessons are held on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings.
Get Musicool lessons meet the objectives...
Explore and share ideas about music from a range of sound environments and recognize that music serves a variety of purposes and functions in their lives and in their communities.
Developing Practical Knowledge
Explore how sound is made, as they listen and respond to the elements of music: beat, rhythm, pitch, tempo, dynamics and tone colour.
Explore and express sounds and musical ideas, drawing on personal experience, listening and imagination.
Communicating and Interpreting
Share music making with others. Respond to live and recorded music.